Saturday, 15th April 2017
Fantasy League returns for 2017
The Woodhouse Grange CC Fantasy League is back!
This was a great success last season, creating plenty of interest throughout the club.
Will Marcus's Mavericks retain their title? Can Scuba's Superstars go one better to claim the title? Which players will surprise a few by proving excellent value for (fantasy) money?
The endless possibilities add an extra dimension to following the club at all levels. So if you are a Woodhouse Grange player, supporter or helper, please join in.
The entry cost is just £5 for the season, which will go into the kitty to be split between prize money and club funds.
You can register at any stage during the season, however your points will only accrued from the point that you join. So we recommend submitting your team by 12:00 Noon on 22nd April to be involved from week 1.
For anyone not familiar with the format, please refer to the rules and points calculation.
To create your team, please visit woodhousegrangecc.co.uk/fantasy. You will first need to register your name, email address, and a password of your choice. Then login and create your team, which must comprise 4 batsmen, 2 all-rounders, 4 bowlers and a wicket keeper - and be within the £55m budget. Then input a team name - keep it civilised please! - and then submit. Transfers can be made at any stage during the season - 1 free transfer per week, any additional transfers will cost you points!
Please give your £5 entry money to Marcus Smith or Harry Shipley at the earliest opportunity. For anyone following from a distance with Woodhouse Grange affinity, you are more than welcome to join in - a BACS transfer can be arranged. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Just a few other points:
- Only Yorkshire Premier League and York & District Senior League matches count towards fantasy league points. The only exception is for the 4th XI, where the Spring/Autumn Trophy - created to fill blank Saturdays due to a low number of teams in their division - will be included.
- The 1st, 2nd & 3rd* XIs all play every Saturday throughout the season (22nd April - 9th September), plus (Bank Holiday) Monday 29th May. (*The 3rd team will now play on Sunday 30th April instead of Saturday 29th).
- The 4th team play every week except Saturday 22nd April and Monday 9th September.
- All player values are arbitrary, decided by the competition organisers, who have tried to take into account player stature, performance, the level played at, availability and the desire to include players from all levels in the club in people's selections. It is not perfect, but please take it in the spirit that it's intended! We are certainly open to suggestions for future seasons.
- The player categories that have been assigned are also arbitrary. We know that there are plenty of players who would class themselves as all-rounders, however we have tried not to overfill this category, as only two can be selected in each team; therefore you have a much better chance of being selected if classed as a batsman or bowler. By the same token, we have plenty of capable wicket keepers in the club who have been classed as batsmen; because only 1 wicket keeper can be selected, only the likely first choice gloveman for each team has been assigned as a keeper. Stand-ins will still attract points for catches and stumpings.
Should you have any queries whatsoever then please don't hesitate to ask.
We hope that you enjoy playing in the Woodhouse Grange CC Fantasy League in 2017. Thank you for your support.