Junior Cricket at Woodhouse Grange
Junior cricket is extremely important to Woodhouse Grange, so we are very proud to have a strong reputation for developing young cricket talent. The development of young cricketers has been, and continues to be, the cornerstone of the club’s many successes. All our adult teams are predominately made up of players who started as juniors at Woodhouse Grange.
- We run under 9/under 11, under 13, under 15, and academy (essentially under 18) teams.
- These teams compete, often very successfully, in various junior leagues and cups.
- Girls are just as welcome as boys to play cricket at Woodhouse Grange.
- Girls regularly play for our junior sides.
- During the cricket season junior coaching is held (weather permitting) on Friday evenings from 6.30pm to 8.00pm at Woodhouse Grange’s ground at Sandhill Lane, Sutton on Derwent, York YO41 4DF.
- From the start of February, pre-season coaching is held on an evening at a local school.
- The club has a number of ECB trained and qualified coaches.
- The club also has strong contacts with regional and county representative sides, and we will actively support juniors to become involved in representative teams.
PROGRESSING INTO ADULT TEAMS
- We have four senior teams playing league cricket on Saturdays.
- The club is always looking to get junior players (from the under 13 level upwards) involved in these senior teams.
- Most Saturdays about half the 3rd XI and 4th XI teams are made up of teenagers.
- When teenagers play for senior teams we always try to get them properly involved with the game.
The club is very committed to safeguarding and good practice. The club has:
- The ECB Clubmark accreditation.
- A systematic approach to DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking. This was previously known as CRB checking.
- An appropriately trained Club Welfare Officer
- A range of policies and these are available on the club website.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
WANT TO COME ALONG TO JUNIOR COACHING?
WANT TO PLAY FOR ONE OF THE TEAMS?
We want junior players to come along and get involved with Woodhouse Grange.
We are also very happy for junior players to come along and just give things a go for a couple of weeks, to see whether they want to join.
Please simply contact one of the following people for more information and or if you have any questions: