Health and safety
Woodhouse Grange Cricket Club is committed to health and safety including adherence to ECB policies / guidance and, in particular:
- Helmets with a faceguard or grille should be worn when batting against a hard cricket ball in matches and in practice sessions.
- Wicket keepers should wear a helmet with a faceguard, or a wicketkeeper face protector, when standing up to the stumps.
- No young player in the Under 15 age group, or younger, shall be allowed to field closer than 8 yards (7.3 metres) from the middle stump, except behind the wicket on the off side. This distance applies even if the player is wearing a helmet
- For players in the Under 13 age group, and below, the distance is 11 yards (10 metres). This distance applies even if the player is wearing a helmet.
- Any young player in the Under 16 to Under 18 age groups, who has not reached the age of 18, must wear a helmet and, for boys, an abdominal protector (box) when fielding within 6 yards (5.5 metres) of the bat, except behind the wicket on the off side
- The number of overs young fast bowlers can bowl
- District and club players who are not in a county or area squad must wait until they reach the U13 age group, be in Year 8 and be 12 years old on 1st September of the preceding year before being able to play in any open age group cricket.
- Regular intervals for drinks
- An adequate risk assessment on all facilities and venues used for any club activities, regardless of ownership of that facility or venue.